For your weekend enjoyment…
- If you’re not familiar with Asmar Equestrian, you’re missing out. The designer, Noel Asmar, started her equestrian line a few years ago. Having designed athletic lines for high end spas and hotels, she decided to combine her love for fashion with her passion for horses, and the rest is history. I’m obsessed with the compression shirts, but the entire line is beautiful.
- I grew up riding at a full service Hunter/Jumper show barn, and while they offered a mandatory Stable Management course on safety and first aid, I never actually had to do anything for myself. For those of you who, like me, would be clueless in the case of emergency, SmartPak released a good guide to taking equine vital signs.
- I may be biased in saying this (I am, after all, Canadian), but Canada is pretty darn special. We’ve got Spruce Meadows, a great national team, Maple Syrup, Tim Hortons, Poutine, WEG 2018 (!!), the list goes on… And, as means of patriotic preparation for our national day (Canada Day = July 1st) here are some absolutely amazing pictures of scenic Canada in the summertime.
- Cupcakes & Cashmere is my go-to non-equestrian lifestyle blog. Emily is classy, elegant, and has killer style, so when she posted some general tips for braiding (some of which are a bit of a no-brainer, the others are rather enlightened!) I knew I had to share it. It’s time to step up your braid game, ladies.
- Nail polish is an equestrian’s best friend because
it looks so prettyit hides the dirt that is perpetually under our nails. Elle has a very extensive list of must-try nail colours for summer 2014.
- Step 1: Watch this. Step 2: Wake up early this weekend and watch GCT Monaco. Cote d’Azur, je t’aime!