An action packed week has kicked off at CHIO Aachen in Germany, and Heels Down Magazine is on site to keep you current on all things Aachen. There is top competition for dressage, show jumping, driving, vaulting and eventing happening this week, so here is your guide to what’s going on and how you can keep up.
- CHIO Aachen will host 334 participants from 27 nations with 1,029 horses throughout the week across all disciplines
- In 2016, Aachen hosted nearly 350,000 visitors and spectators
- There is a total of 2.7M Euros, or $3.1M USD, in prize money on the line across the five disciplines
- Approximately 1,200 employees and volunteers will staff the event
- 18,000 kg of hay will be used this week for the horses staying on the grounds
- Over 200 exhibitors from around the world will be on hand in the CHIO Village
- Mercedes-Benz team jumping: Thursday, July 20
- Rolex Grand Prix: Sunday, July 23
- Deutsche Bank Grand Prix Dressage: Sunday, July 23
- DHL Eventing CICO3*: Saturday, July 22
- Four-in-hand Driving Marathon: Saturday, July 22
How to Stay Current:
- Download the CHIO Aachen app for up-to-date scores, news and information. Download here on the iTunes App Store or here on Google Play.
- Join ClipMyHorse.TV for both live and recorded action.
- Follow CHIO Aachen (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) as well as Heels Down Magazine (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) for the latest
- Check back on heelsdownmag.com for daily coverage and stories